Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 8040 All-in-One with Neat

The following url https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05211712 list HP Prints that no longer support web-service. 

Printers may display :

• Server Connection Error. There was a problem connecting to the server. Press retry, or OK to exit.
  • Web Services Problem. Problem connecting to Web Services server.
  • Server Connection Error. Unable to connect to Web Services. Confirm internet access and try again.

I have an HP officeJet 8040  which is not in the list and I receive the following error when trying to enable web service for HPeprint.

• Server Connection Error. There was a problem connecting to the server. Press retry, or OK to exit.

I have tried a various troubleshooting suggestions including setting a manual DNS 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I have nothing to add but encourage HP to offer a work around for the 8040 printer or explain why the 8040 is impacted and not on the list for printers unable to utilize web services  - CK

HP Recommended

@Hollla3

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Try the steps from here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05337026

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@betty0610, thanks for your answer, but le me tell you this, your link do not solve the issue, for me  this looks like a quick template answer from HP support team, do not even take the time to investigate why if this in not in the list of models (which owners must feel the same way I do) dropping web services support  is having the same issues, most likely they forgot to included in the list.

I can not believe that HP R&D Team can not find a solution for this easy networking issue, apple bonjour still works perfectly, even en new M1 Apple Chip, not thanks to HP but to apple's approach. 

So I personally feel extremely abandoned by HP after they sold me a $300.00 Smart Printer with:

• Cloud storage  Neat (which is not working anymore)
  • 1TB local storage (which is also not working anymore totally Useless)
  • And now Web services dropped by an executive seating on a corporate desk (I do not buy, the security issue, as a reason to drop web services, since my much older scanner from other brand still connects to web services thanks to firmware updates, that this printer is capable of and is the main reason of firmware updates)
  • So I ended with an entry level printer, with less than 200 print count, probably a $40.00 device can do the same.

it looks like HP are just focus on flip loyal and longtime customers into buying new devices, and probably customers should just flip from companies like HP that abandoned us and stop developing updates for perfectly working devices.

Best Regards. 

HP Recommended

This did not help my issue.  These steps were attempted early on when the webservices issue first appeared.  The issue I am left with after replacing the instant ink cartridges is a consistent and continuous prompt everytime I print.  I have to go to the printer and reply to a HP connect prompt indicating webservices isn't setup.  When I reply it prints.   Key understanding here is that EVERYTIME I print I have to respond to a prompt before things print.  Very annoying. Please instruct how to eliminate this prompt.

Craig 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.