Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The HP EPrintCenter site (hpeprintcenter.com) redirects me to a strange address at hp.com (http://h30495.www3.hp.com/?jumpid=ex_r11549_ww/en/any/ipg/hpeprintcenter.com-mu_eprint_chev/redirect...) which doesn't respond -- just times out.

Is that happening for everyone, or just me?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@poisonpants 

See here:

HP ePrintCenter - HP ePrintCenter is Retired

Things that are ePrint

HP Printers - Print with HP ePrint

HP Smart / HP Connected > How to > Setting Up and Using HP ePrint

HP Smart / HP Connected > Troubleshooting > HP Printers - HP ePrint Job Does Not Print

Step 2: Check the email and print job requirements

Open website:  HP Smart / HP Connected 

Open category How to > Turning On Web Services  (Includes “Turn off Web Services” help)

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Product Home

Enter the type and name of your HP device

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

No, that cannot be true. If they had retired the Web site, they would have updated the software with the new information. At the very least, the Web link would redirect to an informational page with new instructions, not just time out and die. 

HP is a reputable company — no way would they treat their customers this badly. 

Does anyone have the correct answer? Probably the server is just down, huh?

HP Recommended

@poisonpants 

Original Question:

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit)

The HP EPrintCenter site (hpeprintcenter.com) redirects me to a strange address at hp.com (http://h30495.www3.hp.com/?jumpid=ex_r11549_ww/en/any/ipg/hpeprintcenter.com-mu_eprint_chev/redirect...) which doesn't respond -- just times out.

Is that happening for everyone, or just me?

=============================================================================

Saying "it is not so" does not change the actual answer.

The web address you provided and your question context indicates you are asking about hpeprintercenter.com

The site has been retired.

HP ePrintCenter - HP ePrintCenter is Retired

From the FAQ list

How does the HP ePrintCenter retirement affect my printer?

The HP ePrintCenter website is no longer available to manage your Web Services features and settings from your computer. However, most Web Services features and settings can be managed directly from the printer control panel.

================================================================================

The retirement of the web site does not by itself prevent ePrint from working.
The web site is not all there is to ePrint.

Your unknown printer might be on the list of those models that no longer support Web Services.
Although it is a completely different question and problem, if true, the results would be the same - No ePrint for your printer.

Web Services has been discontinued on some older printers (as listed)

Web Services Notice

What else?

Web Services might be down.

OR

The service might be OK but your connection is not working for a different reason.

This is NOT related to whether the website is retired.

It DOES mean that ePrint won't work until Web Services is restored.

================================================================================

OK.

Enough.

Good Luck.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

No, that’s impossible. If that were the case, HP would have given clear instructions about how to use eprint. My eprint software, next to “settings,” still gives a link to hpeprintcenter.com, so that site must still exist. Otherwise, there would be no way to manage my eprint settings, like the printer’s email address.

Moreover, HP would owe me a huge apology for making this change and leaving a dead web site behind. As a customer-first company, that’s the only way I can imagine HP operating. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.