Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 3830
iOS

Hello, my wife and I are unable to print from our phones. Until recently we were able to do this with ease. Whenever we try to print from our phones, a pop up appears that says, “the printer is busy.” We haven’t done much printing from our computers, and I know there is not anything in the queue. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@dylanlwhite, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand you're unable to print from your iOS devices. To provide you with an accurate solution, I'd like to know the following-

Are you using the HP Smart App to print from or the AirPrint option?

Did you make any changes to the iOS device or the printer recently?

Meanwhile, check for updates on your iPhones. Refer to the link Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch for help(This is a third-party link. Please do not click on any ad, image, download, popup or link or anywhere else as this is a third-party link meant only for viewing information).

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.

Restart the devices and try printing.

Below are the documents that can help you-

HP Printers - Printing from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch

HP Printers - Install and Use the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS, iPadOS)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, thank you for helping.  I'm not sure what the issue was, but it seems that it has been resolved since our printer is now working.  Thank you!

HP Recommended

@dylanlwhite

Happy to hear that.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.