Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Laserjet M552 in two different networks

HP Recommended
Laserjet M552
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have the following problem:

We have two different networks here (it's a question of security rules) and I want to connect the printer to both networks.

Before we used the LJ552, it was possible to connect the (older) printer to a LAN through the port on the printer, and the other LAN was connected through a LAN-to-USB print server.

I cannot connect to the new printer through the print server. I think it's a problem that the driver is not getting signals from the printer through the print server.

I also asked support for a solution, saying that it should be a theoretical way to use a print server (such as a Jetdirect device), but not practical.

So I hope that someone can help me here.

Does anyone have experience operating a relatively recent printer behind a print server?

Thanks in advance!

Friendly greetings

Karsten

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation