EAUHoldings
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

M479fdw Color Faded when using ePrint

HP Recommended
M479fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We just got a brand new M479fdw (pulled out of the box two days ago) for one of our remote locations. I am working through the setup/testing before shipping it out.

Everything works fine, but when I send a print to the printer using ePrint the colors of the prints are all faded and look like they came out of a Dot Matrix printer. If I connect the printer to my PC using a USB cable and print the same document locally, the colors come out correctly. We have many users that rotate through this location and the location does not have a domain, so the only viable option for us is to use ePrint. I get the same results when printing from the ePrint software available on HP's website.

I've tried upgrading the firmware, rebooting the device, and printing again with the same results. I don't see any color settings available for this printer on our HP Connected site, even though other models of printer have them.

Anyone else seeing this issue or have any other suggestions for troubleshooting/correcting the issue?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation