Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
MFP130fn

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the ePrint function.  My printer is connected via Ethernet to my router, and everything works correctly.  I can print through my home network whether my device is connected via Ethernet or WiFi, as expected – no problems there.  The ePrint print-by-email function also works, but ONLY intermittently – and that's my problem.  After the printer has sat idle for 60 minutes (per settings), it goes into what I assume is a "sleep" state – the power button's light blinks, and the text-LCD shuts off its backlight (but the info is still visible – like a landline phone's caller-id screen).  The printer will remain in this "sleep" state indefinitely unless otherwise acted upon – as expected.  If I send print jobs thru my home network, the printer immediately "wakes up" and completes the job.  However, if I send a print job via email (ePrint), and the printer has been "sleeping", it will NOT "wake up" from its slumber.  If I click a button on the keypad to wake it up, the job still does not come thru.  BUT, if I turn the printer off, and then turn it right back on, the ePrint job WILL come thru within a minute or two, even if I conduct this "restart" multiple hours after emailing the file, which tells me the job is sitting on the ePrint server & waiting for something.  I assume that means the printer is failing to periodically check-in with the ePrint server?  I'm confused, because I have the energy saver setting "delay when ports are active" set to enabled.  Please advise 🙂

Further Context that might help:  My router assigns the printer a Static IP so I can easily access the web config menus.  But, I noticed this problem also happened when I left everything up to DHCP, which my router re-leases every 24 hours. 

Thanks for reading, and have a great rest of your day!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@cornchip

Welcome to HP Support community.

Update the printer firmware

Here are the steps:- click here

Perform a power reset

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Wait at least 30 seconds.
  5. Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet and printer without any surge protector.
  6. Turn on the printer.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.