Level 1
5 3 0 1
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Mobile app issues with paper size

HP Recommended
Envy 5660
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

It seems that since installing El Capitan, I cannot print from my iPhone or iPad on letter size paper. That option does not appear when I attempt to print from these devices. The printer only selects either photo paper or prints in 4 x 6 size on 81/2 x 11 paper. 

6 REPLIES 6
Pushing_88
Level 3
Level 3
39 39 2 8
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, I noticed that you are having trouble printing on letter size paper from your mobile devices.

Can you tell me what app you're using?

I work for an HP Partner.

Click the thumbs up + button if this is helpful. Mark Accepted Solution if your problem is resolved.
0 Kudos
PaulGH
Author
Level 1
5 3 0 1
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried both Hp eprint and Aio. Nether seems to work.

0 Kudos
CloudQueen
Level 6
Level 6
292 292 16 47
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi PaulGH,

The print settings vary by app and mobile device. Go to Using the HP ePrint App and Mobile Printing and Scanning with HP AiO Printer Remote App for more information.

Let me know if that helps.

#HPExpertDay

Cloud Queen
I am an HP employee. I work on behalf of HP.

Click the thumbs up + button if I have helped you.

Mark Accepted Solution if your problem is solved.
PaulGH
Author
Level 1
5 3 0 1
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Why does printing from a website, such as a recipe, only print on photo paper? Why can't I select print from the website and select the paper size I wish to use? It seems that with Yosemite, I could simply select print, and the printer would automatically use letter size paper.

0 Kudos
Jay_U
Level 2
Level 2
19 19 1 5
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello PaulGH,

An additional suggestion to consider is that the printer may need to be configured. The iPhone/iPads obtain information about the media in the printer from the printer settings. Since the printer does not have automatic size detection in the trays, the trays will need to be configured. A quick way to check is to open/close the tray. You should see a "Have You Changed the Paper?" screen on the printer. You should be able to configure the tray to the loaded media size. Within a short amount of time, I would expect the iOS device to show the new size.

(All this is assuming the printer is on the same network as your devices, that Bonjour and AirPrint services are enabled. If you see the printer on your iPhone and can print - just with the wrong size - it is safe to assume those options are enabled. )

Regards,

J

#HPExpertDay

I am an HP employee.
PaulGH
Author
Level 1
5 3 0 1
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That worked. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation