Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2600 all in one series
Chrome OS

My Chromebook has stopped printing with my HP DeskJet 2600 series printer recently. When I drop down the menu and choose print and select my printer from the list, it automatically defaults to 'Save to PDF' when I release the mouse button. When I go into Advanced settings and choose 'add printer' I get a message 'none found'. Never had this problem until recently.  Please advise.  Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Louarn

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Connect the printer to your Chromebook with a wireless or USB cable connection to complete the setup. No drivers or apps are required to set up your printer.

1. Update the Chromebook to the most current version of Chrome OS.

2. Make sure paper is loaded in the main tray, and then turn on the printer.

3. Connect the printer to the Chromebook.

• USB printer connection: Connect the USB cable to the printer and Chromebook.

• Wireless printer connection: Depending on your printer, use the Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) to connect to a wireless network.

• Printers with a control panel menu , open the SetupNetwork, or Wireless menu, select Wireless Setup Wizard, and then follow the instructions to connect the printer to the network.

• Printers without a control panel menu , press and hold the Wireless button for five seconds. For HP DeskJet 6000 and 6400, ENVY 6000 and 6400, and Tango printers, press and hold the Wireless and the Power buttons on the rear of the printer for five seconds.

Within two minutes, press and hold the WPS button on the router until the connection process begins. The Wireless light or blue bar on the printer stops flashing when the connection completes.

4. On the Chromebook, click the clock in the bottom right corner, and then click the Settings icon .

5. Scroll to the bottom of the screen, and then click Advanced.

6. Under Printing, click Printers > Add Printer.

• If your printer displays, select it, and then click Add.

• If your printer does not display, click Add Manually, and then follow the instructions. For more information, go to Chromebook Help - Set up your printer (in English).

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.