Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3720
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hi, i already bought my printer, and i follow thw setup from HP Smart, when i try to print a file excel, my mac recognizes deskjet, and start the process, but nothing happens, i also tried with a pdf of that excel but same...did someone had the same problem? Or anyone can help me?

Thank to anyone who can help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Oraion53

Normally this happens if printer is not connected to your home WiFi or your Mac PC is not able to detect the wireless connected printer. Re configuring the printer wireless settings may resolve the issue, here is how to do it:

1.) Unplug your modem/router and leave it powered off.

2.) Restart your printer, on the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button https://support.hp.com/doc-images/162/c02131772.gif and the Cancel button https://support.hp.com/doc-images/824/c01623874.gif at the same time for 5 seconds. (This steps will restore default wireless settings on the printer and enable Auto Wireless connect. You have approximately 120 minutes to complete the software setup using the HP auto wireless connect feature.) 

3.) Reconnect your modem/router and wait for it to re-establish its internet connection.

4.) Download and run HP Easy start from here.

5.) Follow the onscreen instructions to connect the printer to your home wireless network.

Once the printer is connected, use the steps I suggested in my previous post to add AirPrint driver.

Keep me posted!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Oraion53

Thank you for being a part of HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand you need support and I'll be glad to help you out. However, for an accurate solution, I would need more details:

Are you able to copy documents?

How is the printer connect now, is it USB or wireless?

The wireless light on the printer is it steady or is it blinking?

Any error when you try to print?

Are you able to scan documents to your Mac PC?

Let me know!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help, in order of yur question,

yes i can copy

the print is connect by USB

the wireless light is steady 

no error (the % bar just start from 1 to 100 in 2/3 seconds)

i haven't try to scan yet

Thanks again

HP Recommended

@Oraion53

You are welcome🙂

I believe its an issue with the print driver installed on your Mac. Let's try these steps:

1.) Click Finder, click Applications

2.) Right click on HP Smart App and select Move to trash.

3.) Disconnect the printer USB cable.

4.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

5.) If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

6.) Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

7.) Confirm AirPrint displayed in the Use or Print Using menu, and then click Add.

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

8.) Open a document or photo, click File, and then click Print.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok, I tried, but at point 7 I find a problem, I do not find the selectable "airprint" option, I only have "Generic PCL Printer"; and selecting that item I always have the same problem as before.

HP Recommended

@Oraion53

Normally this happens if printer is not connected to your home WiFi or your Mac PC is not able to detect the wireless connected printer. Re configuring the printer wireless settings may resolve the issue, here is how to do it:

1.) Unplug your modem/router and leave it powered off.

2.) Restart your printer, on the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button https://support.hp.com/doc-images/162/c02131772.gif and the Cancel button https://support.hp.com/doc-images/824/c01623874.gif at the same time for 5 seconds. (This steps will restore default wireless settings on the printer and enable Auto Wireless connect. You have approximately 120 minutes to complete the software setup using the HP auto wireless connect feature.) 

3.) Reconnect your modem/router and wait for it to re-establish its internet connection.

4.) Download and run HP Easy start from here.

5.) Follow the onscreen instructions to connect the printer to your home wireless network.

Once the printer is connected, use the steps I suggested in my previous post to add AirPrint driver.

Keep me posted!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Now I have succeeded, but only because I connected my Mac to the printer's wifi, I think I can not connect the printer to my router because the connection has a password.
instead there is no way to solve the fact that it does not print if connected with usb?

and thanks for the assistance

HP Recommended

Correction, I just installed hp easy start and I configured everything perfectly, thank you very much for following me step by step, you were very kind.
See you next time

HP Recommended

@Oraion53

You are welcome ðŸ™‚

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.