Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
PhotoSmart 309a Printer
macOS 10.14 Mojave

My HP PhotoSmart 309a printer is no longer connected to my network after I installed a new ENVY 7100

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Tom049, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand you have connectivity issues with your HP Photosmart printer, but that may not have anything to do with connecting the new HP Envy 7100 Printer. Let us try to isolate the issue first.

• Does the wireless light on the printer blink or is it steady?
  • Is there any error message on the printer or the computer when you try to print from the HP Photosmart printer?
  • Is there any antivirus software installed on your computer?
  • Could you perform a ping test using the Mac Network Utility and let me know the results?

Use the printer IP address to perform a ping test, the printer IP can be located by selecting the wireless icon on the printer display.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi TEJ,

Here are the answers to your questions:

• Does the wireless light on the printer blink or is it steady?

It is steady.

• Is there any error message on the printer or the computer when you try to print from the HP Photosmart printer?

No error message.  When I open the print queue the job appears.  There is a message that states "The printer is not connected"

• Is there any antivirus software installed on your computer?

No.

• Could you perform a ping test using the Mac Network Utility and let me know the results?

I am stuck and cannot run the ping test.  I am not able to determine the IP address for the printer.  I cannot find a wireless icon on the display on the left of the panel on my printer.  On my computer I am able to use System Preferences > Printers and Scanners to get to the print queue but that doesn't seem to have a wireless icon either.   Can you help me get further?

Thanks,

Tom

HP Recommended

TEJ--

After unplugging the printer at the back of the printer and plugging it back in again everything now seems to be OK.  Also found the printer icon in the lower right of my screen and found the IP address.

Thanks,

Tom

HP Recommended

@Tom049

That's great! Happy to hear that.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.