Did you mean: 
evolrowe
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My HP Photosmart D110 printer isn't printing

HP Recommended
HP Photosmart D110 printer

My printer is getting stuck when I am trying to print something. It's not a paper jam, the paper is going in smoothly, but the ink isn't moving and neither is the paper. The screen says it's printing but it's not moving or making any sounds.

1 REPLY 1
Betty0610
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,993 16,975 929 756
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@evolrowe

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Are you able to copy? If you open the ink cartridge door, do you see the carriage moving for you to remove the ink cartridges?

Let's try to reset the Printer here:

Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

1. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  2. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  3. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  4. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  5. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  6. NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
  7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  9. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Also, try connecting the Printer to a different wall outlet directly.

Step one: Run the paper feed cleaning utility

The All-in-One software contains a utility you can use to clean the rollers and the paper path of the product. Use the following steps to run this automated utility.

1. Remove any paper from the input tray.

2. Open HP Solution Center:

• Windows XP: Click Start, click All Programs, click HP, and then click HP Solution Center.

• Windows Vista or Windows 7: Click the Windows icon (), click All Programs, click HP, and then click HP Solution Center.

HP Solution Center opens in a new window.

3. In HP Solution Center, click Settings ().

4. In the Print Settings area, click Printer Toolbox. The printer Toolbox opens in a new window.

5. Click Paper Feed Cleaning (), and then click OK to run the utility. The cleaning process takes a few minutes.

Step two: Print a self-test report

Print a self-test report. See the section on how to use these solutions at the beginning of this document.

• If the self-test report prints, try printing the original document again. If the issue is resolved, there is no need to continue troubleshooting.

• If the self-test report prints, but the original document does not, continue to the next solution in this document.

• If the self-test report does not print, try printing the report again. Listen for the rubber paper-pick rollers; you should be able to hear them rotating. Then, try slowly pushing the paper farther in until the roller engages to pick up the paper. Be careful not to push the paper in too far, which can cause paper jams.

• If the self-test report does not print when slowly pushing the paper farther in, repeat the previous steps to clean the rollers again. If the issue continues after repeated cleaning, skip the next solution in this document, and then service the product.

• If the self-test report prints when slowly pushing the paper farther in, try printing the original document again. The paper might not have been loaded far enough into the product. If the issue is resolved, there is no need to continue troubleshooting.

• If the paper only feeds through the product when you slowly push it farther in, repeat the previous steps to clean the rollers again. If the issue continues after repeated cleaning, skip the next solution in this document, and then service the product.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation