Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HiggsK
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My HP officejet pro 8600 will not connect to the router

HP Recommended

I cannot get my printer to recognise my new router.

We recently installed fiber and have a new router. The printer connected perfectly wirelessly with the old router.

I have updated the software for the printer , I have done a factory reset, I have tried to enter the settings manually and still it says unable to connect. It recognises the router in the search for network but will not connect. My new router is a Murcusys  ac12. I have also checked all the settings on the router. it is both 2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz compatible. Please someone advise this dumb dumb. 

1 REPLY 1
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,899 18,877 1,559 1,554
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@HiggsK, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Replacing/reconnecting/changing your wireless router, try here. 

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/wireless-printing-center/reconfiguring-system-help3.html

* Reset your printer back to Network Defaults.  Then run the Wireless Setup Wizard to connect.  Both can be accessed from the front panel or computer.  If no front panel for configuration, you must use your Printer USB cable to connect.  You can also try the WPS method if your router/printer supports this only if the Wizard or Printer USB cable is not available.  Read your User Guide for info.

* Wireless printers only connect to the 2.4G band in your router.  The router must have the 2.4G SSID band enabled with a different SSID name than your 5.0G SSID band in your router.

* Set router to a fixed wireless channel like 1, 6 or 11, never ‘auto’.  Try channel 1 first then the others one at a time. 

* Make sure printer and router are at least 5 feet apart. 

Also, refer to the document HP Printers - No Connection after Router or Wi-Fi Settings Change

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation