Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 5255
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I just got a new OfficeJet 5255.  The printer is connected to my wireless, but neither my phone nor my laptop is able to connect to it.  I ran the wireless network test off the printer and it shows that it is connected, and gave me the IP address, but when I try to connect my laptop or my phone, they are unable to find the printer.  I doublechecked and they are all on the same network.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@mclabaugh

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

As I understand, your printer would not connect to phone and PC,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution

When was the last time it worked fine?

Were there any hardware/software changes? 

Let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

Step 1: Power drain

1) Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer.

2) Wait for 60 seconds.

3) Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.

4) Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.

5) Turn on the computer and check the functionality

Step 2: Try assigning a static IP address and a manual DNS address:

* Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.

* Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.

* Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)

* Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.

* Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Keep me posted,

For I shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed,

And your device is up and running again,

Have a great day 🙂

Cheers 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@mclabaugh

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

As I understand, your printer would not connect to phone and PC,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution

When was the last time it worked fine?

Were there any hardware/software changes? 

Let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

Step 1: Power drain

1) Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer.

2) Wait for 60 seconds.

3) Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.

4) Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.

5) Turn on the computer and check the functionality

Step 2: Try assigning a static IP address and a manual DNS address:

* Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.

* Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.

* Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)

* Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.

* Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Keep me posted,

For I shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed,

And your device is up and running again,

Have a great day 🙂

Cheers 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help.  Recycling the router seems to have fixed the problem.  

HP Recommended

@mclabaugh

Thanks for the reply.

It looks like you were interacting with Flower_Bud, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out. 
I'm Raj1788 & I'm at your service. 

I am so glad that the problem is solved and everything is in place.

Please feel free to get back to us with any technical queries.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.