Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3512
iOS

Hello, My iPad and my HP Deskjet 3512 are on 2 different networks. My printer has both Wireless and 

Wireless Direct set to on. When I want to print something I have to go to the wi-fi network settings page on my iPad. My wi-fi network is checked to be on. Under the choose a network the name of my printer is there but it is not connected. When I click on my printers name it moves up to the top and switches place with my iPad.

Now I have no problem printing something. Is there anyway to get my printer and iPad on the same network?

Thanks

Bo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

senan6806,

Your suggestion of doing a network power reset worked. I printed the wireless network test report and the

HP network configuration page. At the top of the wireless network test results page it said no problems found and the setup of my wireless printer was successful. 

I have a few questions for you. So If I want to print something from the HP Smart App the Wireless Direct has to be on and on my iPad wireless network page I will have to click on my printers name. With the Wireless Direct on will I be able to be on the internet and print from HP Smart App at the same time?

Last question is what do I need to do in order to print using AirPrint?

Thanks, I appreciate your help

RANGER24

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@RANGER24

Thank you for being a part of HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I believe we can use HP Smart App on your iPad to connect the printer to you home WiFI, let's try these steps:

1.) Remove HP Smart App from your iPad, if its installed.

2.) On the printer control panel, press the Wireless  button. The Wireless status screen displays.

3.) Press the button next to Settings. Press the down arrow  to scroll down and select Restore Defaults, and then press OK. Press OK to confirm that you want to restore the network settings to factory defaults.

4.) When the Wireless menu displays, make sure the blue light next to the Wireless  icon is blinking, and then press cancel  to return to the control panel main screen.

5.) Download and install HP Smart App from here.

6.) Open HP Smart App and follow the onscreen instructions to connect the printer to a wireless network.

You may also refer to this video.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello senan6806.

i followed the instructions you gave me. Everything went perfect my printer was found, printer prepared, obtain printer information was checked. When it got to the finish connection it failed to check. I got message cannot connect to printer. I was given the option to retry or exit setup. I retried and it failed again so I exited setup. Is there anything I can do pass the finish connection. I appreciate you taking the time time to help me. Any further suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

RANGER24

HP Recommended

@RANGER24

Performing a network power reset and then re-doing the steps I suggested in my previous post may resolve the connectivity issue, here is how to do it:

1.) Turn off your iPad, Printer and Router.

2.) Unplug the power from the back of router, wait for 10 -15 seconds.

3.) Connect the power cable back to router, turn on the router first. Wait till the router to initialize.

4.) Turn on Printer and iPad, use the steps in my previous post to connect the printer to your home WiFi.

Keep me posted!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

senan6806,

Your suggestion of doing a network power reset worked. I printed the wireless network test report and the

HP network configuration page. At the top of the wireless network test results page it said no problems found and the setup of my wireless printer was successful. 

I have a few questions for you. So If I want to print something from the HP Smart App the Wireless Direct has to be on and on my iPad wireless network page I will have to click on my printers name. With the Wireless Direct on will I be able to be on the internet and print from HP Smart App at the same time?

Last question is what do I need to do in order to print using AirPrint?

Thanks, I appreciate your help

RANGER24

HP Recommended

@RANGER24

You are welcome!

If the printer and iPad is connected to your home WiFi then you don't have to switch to the printers Wireless direct to print. If the printer and iPad is on the same wireless network then HP Smart App will detect the printer. You may use the steps available here to print using AirPrint.

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help.

RANGER24

HP Recommended

@RANGER24

You are are very welcome 🙂 

If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.