Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teacher_mama
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

My iPhone will no longer allow me to print. It asks for a password that I don’t recall adding.

HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6600

I am no longer able to print from my iPhone. It asks for a password that I don’t recall adding to my printer. The error message does not give the option to reset the password. What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Teacher_mama
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the suggested solution, but the next day my phone just started displaying the printer on its own. Perhaps the signal was “in the air”. I appreciate the idea and will tuck that away in case it happens again. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
B_Will
Level 6
591 581 37 54
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think the default password is 12345678

Teacher_mama
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the suggested solution, but the next day my phone just started displaying the printer on its own. Perhaps the signal was “in the air”. I appreciate the idea and will tuck that away in case it happens again. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
B_Will
Level 6
591 581 37 54
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Also you should set a static IP address on the printer.

This may help, AUTO STATIC IP
https://supportvideos.ext.hp.com/detail/video/1972074076001/assigning-your-hp-printer-a-static-ip-ad... 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation