Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP photosmart Premium 410C
iOS

I have always printed to this printer from my ipad.  I recently got a new ipad Pro and for some reason, it wont recognize my printer anymore.  It says "no air printers found" but it used to work with my older ipad.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@conniesk7

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Update iOS to the most recent version.

1. From your mobile device, touch the Settings app, and then touch General.

2. Touch Software Update.

Your device automatically searches for the latest iOS update.

3. If an update is available, touch Download and Install, and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the update.

NOTE: For more information about iOS updates, go to Update the iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (in English).

If the update does not resolve the issue, continue to the next step. 

1. Turn the printer off, and then wait 5 seconds.

2. Turn the printer on, and then wait until the printer is ready to print.

3. If needed, print any important print jobs.

If the reset does not resolve the issue, continue to the next step. 

Use the menu on your printer control panel to set IPv4.

1. From the home screen on the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon .

2. Touch the Settings icon , and then touch Advanced Settings.

IPv6 setting on printer control panel

• If IPv6 is set to Off, the printer is already using IPv4. Skip to the next step.

• If IPv6 is set to On, touch to turn it off, and then touch Yes to confirm.

3. Try printing from AirPrint.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@conniesk7

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Update iOS to the most recent version.

1. From your mobile device, touch the Settings app, and then touch General.

2. Touch Software Update.

Your device automatically searches for the latest iOS update.

3. If an update is available, touch Download and Install, and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the update.

NOTE: For more information about iOS updates, go to Update the iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (in English).

If the update does not resolve the issue, continue to the next step. 

1. Turn the printer off, and then wait 5 seconds.

2. Turn the printer on, and then wait until the printer is ready to print.

3. If needed, print any important print jobs.

If the reset does not resolve the issue, continue to the next step. 

Use the menu on your printer control panel to set IPv4.

1. From the home screen on the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon .

2. Touch the Settings icon , and then touch Advanced Settings.

IPv6 setting on printer control panel

• If IPv6 is set to Off, the printer is already using IPv4. Skip to the next step.

• If IPv6 is set to On, touch to turn it off, and then touch Yes to confirm.

3. Try printing from AirPrint.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much. Solution worked!

HP Recommended

Kuddos to echo_lake

HP Recommended

@conniesk7

Thank you for posting back. 

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us. 

Have a great day! 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.