Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Laserjet M1132 mfp
Android 9.0 Pie

*Printer: Hp laserjet M1132 mfp,

*Phone: Xiaomi Mi 9t, Android 9.0 

When I connect my printer to my android phone using an OTG, it doesn't detect the printer is plugged in but when I connected my phone to my friend's Hp Deskjet, it detected it..  Please what do I do to make this work I really need to be printing from my phone.. thank you

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Precieux

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Unfortunately, your Printer does not support printing from an OTG cable. Follow this document to know more about it: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-laserjet-pro-m1132-multifunction-printer-series/3965842/mode...

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any further assistance. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Okay thank you for letting me know that..

One other thing, since my printer doesn't support OTG cable printinga it doesn't have a WiFi or Bluetooth for wireless printing, which other way is there to use using my mobile phone not a computer?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to print from a mobile device.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Okay now, I just did a review of the list of printers that do not support OTG printing from d link you previously sent. I saw that my LaserJet M1132 mfp is among and also LaserJet 125a pro is also there. 

As my friend happens to have d laserjet 125a pro I decided to try d OTG printing on it out of curiosity and voilà! It worked like magic without any hesitation... 

So the question is why is his able to print via OTG and mine can't when they are both on the list?

Thanks, Precieux.

HP Recommended

@Precieux

Thank you for the response. Both HP LaserJet Pro MFP M125a Printer and HP LaserJet Pro M1132 Multifunction Printer do not support mobile printing. You may refer to this document for more info or the document that was attached in the previous post.

Keep me posted for any other assistance. 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.