Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have 2 printers, and old one and a brand new Envy 5055.  The new one is stuck during the install because it cannot connect to web services.  I bought the new one because the old one no longer scans documents, and yes, the error is the same.  DUH!

HP retiree
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I restarted the Photosmart 7520, followed the recommended Setup Wireless via Software, and created an HP Smart account.  That printer is up and running, I can now scan docs, am pleased with the solution.

Back to the original problem.  I finally figured out how to finish installing my BRAND NEW HP ENVY.  Not pretty, but it appears to work.  Thanks!

HP retiree

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@MS721 

Hello,

Please update the printer's firmware, as described in the following HP document: Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.

If the issue persists, please assign a fixed IP address to the printer as follows:

1. In the printer control panel screen, touch the Wireless icon () to retrieve the printer IP address.
    2. Launch a web page, and then type this address in the address bar and Enter. The printer Web interface opens.
    3. Click the Network tab, then under Wireless (802.11), click Network Address (IPv4).
    4. Check the Manual IP option, and then press the button to Suggest a Manual IP Address.
    5. Once the first 3 fields are filled in, check the Manual DNS Server.
    6. Enter the address 8.8.8.8 as Manual Preferred DNS Server.
    7. Enter the address 8.8.4.4 as Manual Alternate DNS Server.
    8. Click on Apply and OK.
    9. Try to turn on Web Services.

In case of need, do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Skipped the firmware step on the older printer, a Photosmart 7520 that has worked for years until about a month ago.  I don't see anything that would let me set a manual IP address or DNS settings.

HP retiree
HP Recommended

@MS721 

Thanks for your return,

The HP Photosmart 7520 Printer Web Services should work.

I have sent you a private message with instructions to reset the printer. Please only change the fields quoted in my private message. Afterwards I invite you to come back here.

I ask you not to republish the procedure indicated in my PM in the public community and I thank you for doing so.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

I restarted the Photosmart 7520, followed the recommended Setup Wireless via Software, and created an HP Smart account.  That printer is up and running, I can now scan docs, am pleased with the solution.

Back to the original problem.  I finally figured out how to finish installing my BRAND NEW HP ENVY.  Not pretty, but it appears to work.  Thanks!

HP retiree
HP Recommended

Could you please send me the instructions to reset the printer to get web services going?   Thank you very much!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I promised not to share that.  Are you able to private msg to the expert that helped me?

HP retiree
HP Recommended

I understand.  I did private message him and I was intending for my request to go to him, not you.  Sorry for the confusion!

HP Recommended

Mans,  could you private message me that Photosmart 7520 web services message as well?  Thanks...appreciate it!

HP Recommended

Hello - is there any chance you can PM the instructions you have previously provided to get this fixed?

Kind Regards   

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.