Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
04-03-2020 05:32 PM
I have 2 printers, and old one and a brand new Envy 5055. The new one is stuck during the install because it cannot connect to web services. I bought the new one because the old one no longer scans documents, and yes, the error is the same. DUH!
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-03-2020 05:43 PM
Please update the printer's firmware, as described in the following HP document: Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.
If the issue persists, please assign a fixed IP address to the printer as follows:
- In the printer control panel screen, touch the Wireless icon () to retrieve the printer IP address.
- Launch a web page, and then type this address in the address bar and Enter. The printer Web interface opens.
- Click the Network tab, then under Wireless (802.11), click Network Address (IPv4).
- Check the Manual IP option, and then press the button to Suggest a Manual IP Address.
- Once the first 3 fields are filled in, check the Manual DNS Server.
- Enter the address 184.108.40.206 as Manual Preferred DNS Server.
- Enter the address 220.127.116.11 as Manual Alternate DNS Server.
- Click on Apply and OK.
- Try to turn on Web Services.
In case of need, do not hesitate to contact us.
04-03-2020 06:50 PM
Thanks for your return,
The HP Photosmart 7520 Printer Web Services should work.
I have sent you a private message with instructions to reset the printer. Please only change the fields quoted in my private message. Afterwards I invite you to come back here.
I ask you not to republish the procedure indicated in my PM in the public community and I thank you for doing so.
I remain at your disposal in case of need.
04-04-2020 06:54 AM - edited 04-04-2020 05:40 PM
I restarted the Photosmart 7520, followed the recommended Setup Wireless via Software, and created an HP Smart account. That printer is up and running, I can now scan docs, am pleased with the solution.
Back to the original problem. I finally figured out how to finish installing my BRAND NEW HP ENVY. Not pretty, but it appears to work. Thanks!