CARL-F
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

NEWWIFI CONNECTION

HP Recommended

PRINTER HP 4650. I HAVE A NEW WIFI ROUTER AND HVE TO GIVE NEW PASSWORD. THE NEW PASSWORD CONTAINS * AND I CANT FIND THAT WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER THE NEW PASSWORD. PLEASE ADVICE WHAT TO DO

2 REPLIES 2
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,695 18,672 1,530 1,502
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CARL-F, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Please refer the video below on how to set up the printer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh4aZUyPP3Q

Special characters that you are looking for can be found when pressing the key with the @ symbol on it. When you first press that symbol when entering the password you will see on your front panel a row of characters with the last box having “….”. When you press the key it will cycle through the characters that you see then move onto another line with another row of characters. Both the ? and the / can be found using that key.

Also, refer to the document HP Printers - No Connection after Router or Wi-Fi Settings Change for additional help.

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
CARL-F
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have sold it via logged in to the Router and changed password. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation