Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a HP inkjet printer at the moment and I don't use it very often. Every time I turn it on, it wastes loads of ink by cleaning the heads or whatever it does. Most of my colour ink has been wasted and now it refuses to print in black text. I refuse to buy more colour ink to be wasted, so I'm looking for a new printer. I looked for recommendations online and found some threads requesting similar advice, but the suggestions seemed a bit outdated. I tried asking on Amazon Answers about certain printers, but I got widely varying answers, so that wasn't helpful. I don't want a black laser printer as I'd like the option of using colour if needed. I only need something basic. A scanner included would be a bonus. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Any printer with 2 print cartridges will offer a such (1 Black Cartridge, 1 Tri-Color cartridge).

With any such, you may use reserve mode and print with single cartridge only when any ink is empty.

As an example you may have the HP Officejet or Deskjet 5200 Series, the HP Officejet or Deskjet 3830 Series with fax capabiltiies.

There are many similar such printers with no fax capabilities, such as the HP Deskjet 2600 Series, the HP Deskjet 3700 Series, some HP Envy Photo printers, which varies for different countries.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.