cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PatriciaRodrigu
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Need a printer that will print black when the colour cartridges are empty. Looking for recommendatio

HP Recommended

I have a HP inkjet printer at the moment and I don't use it very often. Every time I turn it on, it wastes loads of ink by cleaning the heads or whatever it does. Most of my colour ink has been wasted and now it refuses to print in black text. I refuse to buy more colour ink to be wasted, so I'm looking for a new printer. I looked for recommendations online and found some threads requesting similar advice, but the suggestions seemed a bit outdated. I tried asking on Amazon Answers about certain printers, but I got widely varying answers, so that wasn't helpful. I don't want a black laser printer as I'd like the option of using colour if needed. I only need something basic. A scanner included would be a bonus. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,929 31,638 5,439 12,753
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Any printer with 2 print cartridges will offer a such (1 Black Cartridge, 1 Tri-Color cartridge).

With any such, you may use reserve mode and print with single cartridge only when any ink is empty.

As an example you may have the HP Officejet or Deskjet 5200 Series, the HP Officejet or Deskjet 3830 Series with fax capabiltiies.

There are many similar such printers with no fax capabilities, such as the HP Deskjet 2600 Series, the HP Deskjet 3700 Series, some HP Envy Photo printers, which varies for different countries.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation