Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2541
iOS

How do  I change my password network on my  wireless printer 2541. Don’t have a computer. Only an iPad  and android phone.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@stropical 

Hello,

As a first step, please restore the default network settings as follows:

• Press the Wireless button () and the Cancel () button from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for 5 seconds.

The HP Deskjet 2540 series only supports connections using 2.4GHz.

Then you will need the USB cable to convert the USB connection to a wireless connection.

Refer to this document for the steps.

Try connecting your printer as follows:

1. Make sure your router has a WPS button or a button with the WPS icon (
    ).
  2. Place the printer within range of the Wi-Fi router signal.
  3. Put the printer in WPS connection mode:
    Press and hold the 
    Wireless button ()
     for three seconds until the wireless light flashes.
  4. Within two minutes, press and hold the WPS button on the router for three to five seconds, or until the connection process begins.
  5. Return to the printer and check the status of the wireless light or bar.
  6. Make sure your computer or mobile device is on the same local wireless network you connected the printer to.
  7. Go to 123.hp.com and follow the instructions to install the software and set up the wireless connection. For Chromebooks, go to Printing from a Chromebook.

Refer to this document for the information provided above.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.