Level 1
9 7 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

New HP 8710 is not eligible for instant ink program for some reason

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-in-One Printer series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have turned on web services and got a claim code but not showing that printer is not eligible for instant ink program

11 REPLIES 11
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,530
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ben01

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that you have an HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-in-One Printer and receive a message stating that it is not eligible for the instant ink program. I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

Based on some research, I found that the instant ink service is unavailable in certain countries for a few printer models. Could you tell me your country of residence? I will check it further and revert.

Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
ben01
Author
Level 1
9 7 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I am in the US and the last 8710 worked just fine
0 Kudos
ben01
Author
Level 1
9 7 0 0
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
It printed a claim number. I registered and then got the message that it wasn't eligible for Instant Ink.
0 Kudos
Glensfernandez
Level 2
11 11 1 5
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Some new printer's enrollment to the Instant Ink program is tied with the HP Easy Start app. Download and install the application. It will have an option to enroll in Instant Ink in the last part.

0 Kudos
ben01
Author
Level 1
9 7 0 0
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks, however, I tried that and it still says not eligible.
0 Kudos
Glensfernandez
Level 2
11 11 1 5
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

See if the firmware of the printer is up-to-date. Go to support.hp.com and search for the printer, find the software and  drivers part and download the firmware.

0 Kudos
ben01
Author
Level 1
9 7 0 0
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried all of the suggested solutions and none worked. Very frustrating, this is my third 8710 printer since June 2017.

0 Kudos
ben01
Author
Level 1
9 7 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Help, I have tried all solutions.
0 Kudos
Coeus
Level 2
24 23 1 1
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi ben01

have you tried checking the Embedded web server page ( accessing the printer's ip address on a web browser )

under settings > security > administrator settings.

check on the list if the  instant ink is enabled, if it is, you might want to do a restore factory defaults on the printer and set it up again on wireless, web services and re-try enrolling it on the service.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation