Did you mean: 
ben01
Author
Level 1
9 7 0 0
Message 11 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Instant Ink is showing off, other ideas, please.

0 Kudos
A-Aaron
1 1 0 1
Message 12 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same problem; this worked for me:

I restored factory Defaults on my printer (same printer Settings>Printer Maintenance>Restore>Fac Default.) I also went to Windows Device Manager and uninstalled the printer.

Secondly I followed setup instructions to the "T" I connected the printer to my WiFi network only. I then went straight to the https://123.hp.com setup page and followed the setup wizard. At the end I was given the option to enroll in the Instant Ink program with applicable incentives.

The mistake I made the first time around was connecting the printer to wifi and then immediately finding and connecting the printer on my laptop and allowing windows to do its own printer setup with driver download/installation.

Hopes this helps; worked for me.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation