Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Office jet pro 8035

New hp printer will not stay connected to WiFi.   Have to shutdown and turn back on every time to reconnect and print.   Have tried setup wizard several times and always connects to WiFi no problem after shutting down but does not “stay” connected.    Please help

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Molli

I suggest you update the printer firmware. Please refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

If you are using the Printer with a Windows PC, download and run the HP Print And Scan Doctor from this Link: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Run PSDR v5.0.2 

Once the PSDR detects the Printer, it will show up the IP address and Software Status. 

Select the correct Printer and click on Next. 

PSDR will check if the Printer is on the Network and communication between the PC and the Printer. Once the connection check is done, click on Fix Printing 

Once PSDR goes through all checks and automatic fixes, click on Print a test page. 

Regardless if PSDR printed the test page or not, click on “NO PRINT” 

PSDR will then notify you that there is an update available, click on continue, and PSDR will apply the patch and ask for a reboot. 

Post restart the PSDR will run automatically to check for more issue.  If no issue found close PSDR. 

Keep me posted if the issue persists

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have done that.  Even though it printed, I hit did not print and it only sent me to links that didn't work and it did not notify about any updates available.  All other devices stay connected to the same router even after the printer can not be found and will not work.  Only after powereing down the router and printer will the printer come back for a short time.  This printer and router worked for many months without any issues.  Windows 10 does updates automatically on this pc.  What can be done to fix this issue?  

HP Recommended

@locustvalley

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

To help you further with this, let us know the Printer name.

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

officejet 5255, I shut down my computer every night but not the router and everything else wifi always is connected when I use them but the printer.  The printer is not powered off at night.   

HP Recommended

Let's restore the Printer's network settings: 1. From the Home screen, touch (Wireless) and then touch ( Settings ). 2. Touch Restore Network Settings, and then follow the onscreen instructions. 3. Print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset.

Once done, connect the Printer back to the Wi-Fi using the Wireless Setup Wizard:

1. On the printer control panel display, from the Home screen, touch ( Wireless ). 2. Touch ( Settings ). 3. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard. 4. Follow the display instructions to complete the setup.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.