Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 250
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Does the Mobile 250 allow you to print only in black ink like the Mobile 200 does? I print accounting and tax financials and don't want to print them in color. Also, for copying - can I copy them in black ink only?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Numbers40

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

If you do not want to change the print settings every time you print, you can change the default print settings to print with black ink only or grayscale for every print job. The steps vary by printer model and operating system.

note:You must have the full feature printer software installed on your computer to change this print setting. Go to the Frequently asked questions section for more information.
  1. On your computer, search Windows for Devices and Printers.

2. Right-click your printer, and then select Printing Preferences from the drop-down list.

3. Select your printer again, and then click the Paper/Quality or Features tab, depending on your software.

• To print using only the black ink cartridge, change one of the following settings depending on what displays.

• Click Advanced, click Print in Grayscale, and then select Black Ink Only.

• Click the Black & White button.

note:To use even less black ink at a lower quality, select the Draft quality setting when available.
    • To print high quality black & white documents or photos, change one of the following settings depending on what displays.

• Click Advanced, click Print in Grayscale, and then select Print in Grayscale or High Quality Grayscale.

• Click Print in Grayscale, and then select High Quality Grayscale.

note:The printer uses a mix of black and color inks to produce a high quality black printout.
  4. Click OK to complete the change.
    Note:When you want to print in color again, open the Printer Preferences window, and then select Color or turn off the black ink only or grayscale setting.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.