Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sljbmc
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

: Officejet 5740 & Chromebook

HP Recommended

My PO broadband had a 5 day outage and i think (but am not 100% sure) that the problem occurred after this - I have reconnected the printer to the wireless network .

My Chromebook won't print to the HP Officejet 5470. It was doing so (albeit with some odd formatting issues), but now when I select 'print' it, although the printer is showing in the dropdown list as a destination, it won't allow me to select it and keeps reverting to 'save as pdf'. However, In the Chromebook printer settings the printer is not showing as an available printer. I have tried adding it manually by typing in the printers id but I still could not print.

When this first happened I tried installing the HP print App but this didn't solve the problem and in a forum  someone mentioned that they removed this and their issued was solved so I removed it but still had problems.  I reinstalled it this morning and currently have it installed.

The printer has produced a couple of documents that I printed via my Huawei P20 mate pro. to see if I could check if the printer was working . I did still have connection issues but I suspect these were down to crap broadband connection.  I have not had this phone long and had not used it to print before. For example I had errors messages saying printer was offline when it appeared to be available. 

1 REPLY 1
Kumar0307
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,419 20,421 1,489 1,738
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @sljbmc

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

• Make sure the printer and the Chromebook are connected to the same wireless network.
  • This printer supports only 2.4GHz network. So, the PC should be on the 2.4GHz network.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.

Restart the network devices 

1. Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer/ mobile devices.
  2. Wait for 60 seconds.
  3. Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.
  4. Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.
  5. Turn on the computer/ mobile devices.

Kindly refer to this document to know how to print from a Chromebook.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation