Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

That does not help. A wireless printer should work with wpa2. And it does not with this router at the moment. 

The questions is still why.

so Not resolved. This will have an impact on a lot of other’s. So let’s wait for all the others with the same problem

best

HP Recommended

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

HP Recommended

Hello, 

I will answer later. 

But I think the only solutin will be to give the matter to an HP engeneer to look over it. Something in the wpa2 encryption goes wrong with some HP printers when the router provides WPA2 and WPA3 at the same time. 

You can either be fast, or wait for thousands of angry costumers. AVM OS 7.20 will automatically be provided to FritzBox users now... 

Matt

HP Recommended

Please reply to the private message I sent you, so I can escalate the issue.

HP Recommended

PMF(Protected Management Frames) is prescribed in the standard WPA2 protocol. With WPA2 and WPA3 in the Fritz box, PMF is switched on, which the firmware of most HP printers cannot. When HP releases new firmware that supports WPA2 with PMF, it should work again. I have the same problem with my hp 6500 plus. When does the HP firmware come that adheres to the WPA2 standard?

Kind regards

Rudi

HP Recommended

Hey Rudi, 

this is absolutely what the AVM support says...

Greets

Matthias 

HP Recommended

Well,

the matter was escalated to the HP support. First question was, what AVM would say about the matter. Since HP received the answer, i did not hear anything about it...

That's it??? Please ask avm why our devices don't do what they're supposed to do???

I hope I'm wrong, because this would be a really poor performance...

Greets

Matthias

HP Recommended

@mattlink

We've re-escalated the case. You should be contacted soon.

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with office jet pro 8600 N911 when switching from WPA2 CCMP to WPA2+WPA3 with PMF on. Switching back to WPA2 and the router / printer connect again. I have not tried WPA 2 + WPA 3 without PMF on in Fritzbox. 

Any further suggestion or fix possible for my printer ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.