Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Time warner replaced router with Technicolor Model MediaAccess TC8717T.

I've owned the printer for a few years, used it with multiple routers and internet providers.  Once before I had the same issue:  the printer refuses to accept the password. I eventually got it to work but coudn't reproduce the steps.

I have re-set the printer to factory default, I have uninstalled the print drivers and tried to reinstall them, I have entered the network name rather than accept the network it finds and many other "sure fire" fixes I found in 2 hours of research in the various yak boards and forums.  Quite frustrating.

I have not tinkered with changing the router settings and don't want to.  Everything else in the house works fine:  2 laptops, 2 mobile phones, 2 tablets, Sonos sound system.  But not the HP printer.

The router is on the 2nd floor and my office is on the first floor so a wired connection is impossible.

Suggestions welcomed.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Have you done a "Restore Network Defaults"?

Reset network settings

To reset the administrator password and network settings, complete the following steps:

1. On the printer control panel, touch (right arrow), touch Setup, and then touch Network.

2. Touch Restore Network Defaults, and then select Yes.
A message appears stating that the network defaults have been restored

This video might help:

How to Print and Scan after changing router

Try ths and let us know if it works.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended
Greenturtle

Thanks for trying to help me.

I did try that but to be sure I tried it again with no success.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Have send you a private message to do a semi reset, please look for it in the top right hand corner of the HP Forum page (envelope icon)

Let us know if that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Hi

I am an HP employee.
Make it easier for others to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

after re-set the printer to factory defaluts are you able to connect the printer to router did you got valid Ip address ?

you can go to control panel (printer Display ) and touch the network Icon to ensure you have valid Ipaddress. one you have valid ipaddress use that during installation, software will detect the printer in network 

Thanks

“I am an HP employee”.
Make it easier for others to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.