Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
04-07-2021 10:23 AM
Original HP ink cartridge 62 Black Noir for my HPenvy 7640. Keep getting installation error message. Tried multiple times. Tried hard resetting the printer by taking the power chord out. Still no luck. How to fix this?
04-10-2021 06:03 AM
I'd like to help!
Try the below suggestions-
Reset the product
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
- Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
Clean the electrical contacts
Remove the cartridge indicated by the error message, clean the electrical contacts, and then reinsert the cartridge in its color-coded slot.
- Turn the printer on.
- Open the door to access the cartridges.
- Wait until the carriage stops moving before you continue.
- Remove the cartridge indicated in the error message from its slot, holding it by its side.
CAUTION: Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles. Touching these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
- Remove any protective tape that still might be on the contacts.
CAUTION: Do not touch or try to remove the copper electrical strip
- Lightly dampen a lint-free cloth with distilled water, and then clean only the copper-colored contacts on the cartridge.
- Lightly dampen a lint-free cloth with distilled water, and then clean the electrical contacts in the carriage, located inside the printer.
- Wait 10 minutes for the contacts to dry.
- Reinsert the cartridge.
- Insert the black cartridge into the right slot.
- Insert the tri-color cartridge into the left slot.
- Repeat these steps for the other cartridge, if necessary.
- Close the cartridge access door.
- If the error persists, repeat the previous steps to clean the cartridge and carriage contacts a second time.
- Check for the error message.
single cartridge mode
The printer you own can work in single-cartridge mode, wherein the printer will be able to print with one cartridge in the printer.which will help us identify if its a cartridge issue or a printhead issue
To try single-cartridge mode follow the below steps:
remove the black ink from the printer, leave the color in and try printing
then remove the color ink and, insert the black in and try printing
If the issue persists, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your printer
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
And, Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping
04-12-2021 02:34 PM
I tried both the options you have mentioned above at least 5 times each and still the problem is not solved. I suspect that the Cartridge I bought is faulty. Because I am not getting this message for my empty cartridge. Can you please send me the replacement cartridge?
04-13-2021 06:28 AM
I’d recommend you contact HP Phone Support in your region for replacement options.
Follow the instructions below to reach them:
1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences.
6)Fill the web form and proceed further.
If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.
Have a great day!