Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet 5258
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I am getting a paper tray open error.  We have closed the paper tray.  We have restarted the printer a number of times.  I have reinstalled the software and restarted my computer and restarted the printer.  I have opened the printer and checked all of the known openings and closed them all.  We cannot clear the error.  And yes, there is paper.  We have taken it out and done all of the opening and closing and put it in and done all of the opening and closing.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have to say, I am very disappointed in HP.  I can't believe they don't have a live chat option to support their products.  The virtual chat is laughable.  Our product is only a year old and just out of warranty.  That they care so little about their customers is a disgrace.  I apparently need to buy a new printer.  I can guarantee it will not be an HP.

HP Recommended

@Lauradepompolo I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.