Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 7525
iOS

I cannot use AirPrint to print to paper - I get a paper mismatch error.   It started out of the blue.  I can print via AirPrint to photo paper, and e-print works to print to paper correctly without the paper mismatch error. 

I have tried many suggestions I have read here including, resetting printer, iphone, ipad, checking paper tray, changing paper type - thickness, etc... I even deleted and re-set the web services setting, including e-print email.  

Help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Heidikc, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand that you are not able to print on a regular paper from your iOS devices. In order to isolate the issue, I would want you to try using the HP Smart App to print from. Refer to the document HP Printers - Install and Use the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS) for help.

Also, try the steps below-

1. On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon ().

The network and IP address information displays.

2. Type the printer's IP address into a web browser address bar.

Figure : Example of an IP address in web browser address bar

Image: Example of an IP address in web browser address bar

The printer's EWS page displays.

3. From the printer's EWS page, click the Settings tab.

Figure : Example of an EWS Settings tab

Image: Example of EWS Settings tab
  4. Under Preferences, click Paper Settings.

5. Under Default Media Size, click the drop-down menu, and then select the desired media size.

NOTE: 

The default paper size for Apple AirPrint is 4×6 inches. Make sure that the Paper Settings on the printer's EWS page match the paper size settings on the Apple device.

Figure : Example of an EWS Paper Settings menu

Image: Example of an EWS Paper Settings menu
    NOTE: 

Changing the Default Media Size affects future print jobs. It might be necessary to change the Default Media Size when printing documents that are not the same size as the documents you are printing with Apple AirPrint.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Heidikc, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand that you are not able to print on a regular paper from your iOS devices. In order to isolate the issue, I would want you to try using the HP Smart App to print from. Refer to the document HP Printers - Install and Use the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS) for help.

Also, try the steps below-

1. On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon ().

The network and IP address information displays.

2. Type the printer's IP address into a web browser address bar.

Figure : Example of an IP address in web browser address bar

Image: Example of an IP address in web browser address bar

The printer's EWS page displays.

3. From the printer's EWS page, click the Settings tab.

Figure : Example of an EWS Settings tab

Image: Example of EWS Settings tab
  4. Under Preferences, click Paper Settings.

5. Under Default Media Size, click the drop-down menu, and then select the desired media size.

NOTE: 

The default paper size for Apple AirPrint is 4×6 inches. Make sure that the Paper Settings on the printer's EWS page match the paper size settings on the Apple device.

Figure : Example of an EWS Paper Settings menu

Image: Example of an EWS Paper Settings menu
    NOTE: 

Changing the Default Media Size affects future print jobs. It might be necessary to change the Default Media Size when printing documents that are not the same size as the documents you are printing with Apple AirPrint.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much!  I am back in business.  

The app let me print my documents with no problems . (I couldn’t figure out how to set up getting to my email via that app...).  

Llogging into the printer with the IP address solved the problem of not being able to print via AirPrint:    I did “change” the paper size setting to 4x6 photo, though it wouldn’t let me “apply” it (actually would not let me apply any other paper size option).  But after this move, I am now able to print again from my IOS devices, including from email. 

Thank you so much for your answer!   

HP Recommended

@Heidikc

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok, it worked for a few weeks, and this morning it is back to the “paper mismatch” error.  Not even HP print app works now, and I have tried logging into the IP of the printer and “changing” the paper size, and still same error.  Is there anything else I can try?

HP Recommended

@Heidikc

Try using the HP Smart App as suggested in my previous post and see if that helps!

Keep me posted 🙂

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OK... yesterday, the only thing I was able to use is the e-print.  The app didn’t work either. HOWEVER, last night I unplugged the printer (AGAIN)... and just left it... and just now, I turned it on and was able to print via the HP print app AND AirPrint (there was one paper mismatch event, but this time it cleared!).   I don’t understand what is causing this.  Very Frustrating!.  

Thank you for listening, and for your Help!!  Gudrun

HP Recommended

@Heidikc

Glad to know it is working fine now. I will do a little bit of research and get back to you on this. 

Thanks!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi!  It is once again NOT working, back to the paper mismatch.  I have tried everything again:  changing paper settings on the printer IP; turning off the printer, and neither the HP app nor AirPrint work... have you had any luck with your research?  

Heidikc

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.