Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-07-2022 02:55 AM
When I print from my phone it prints just fine, but when I print from my Macbook through Airprint (or USB) it only prints the highlights on my Word, PDF, and email documents. When I hit "File" & "Print" it shows me the "Print Preview" which looks just fine, but when I print it prints super quick and just prints the highlights. It's like it's only picking up 5% of the document and only the highlighted part :S
I "reset printing system" for Printers and Scanners, reinstalled drivers, restated my printer & computer, tried hardwiring the USB to the Macbook to print, I have the HP Smart app installed, and also tried printing through that app which went through successfully once, but not a second time.
10-10-2022 01:04 PM - edited 10-10-2022 01:04 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing a printing issue with your HP OfficeJet 5745 E-All-In-One Printer Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist better:
- Were there any updates done on the PC prior to the issue?
- Have you tried performing any troubleshooting for this issue on your own?
While you respond to that, please go ahead and uninstall the HP Smart app from your MAC PC.
Steps to uninstall HP Smart and reinstall:
- Click Finder, and then click Applications. In the list of apps, click and drag the HP Smart app to the Trash at the end of the dock.
- Go ahead and Update the software on Mac
- Restart PC
- Once the PC is turned back and idle, download HP Smart
- Once installed, check if you are able to access the app.
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Add the printer using Apple AirPrint drivers.
1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
2.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.
3.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button
at the bottom of the list.
4.) Click the plus sign click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.
5.) Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.
6.) Try to print.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community