Eagle37
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Photo printing from Mobile phone

HP Recommended
HP5660 Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have an HP Envy 5660 Printer and after refilling the photo paper tray I was unable to print from that tray. Printer used letterhead paper. After I changed paper the screen asked which size paper was  changed and I was unable to indicate the photo tray. I  never had this problem before - printer automatically used the correct tray.   Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

1 REPLY 1
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
31,929 31,635 2,905 10,621
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Eagle37 

If you are using an iPhone,

If you are using the HP Smart app for your mobile device,

The Mobile Print Compatibility Document indicates that HP Smart supports the printer setup (plus scan and print) option.

This is a bit cramped on a tiny phone screen; the settings are likely available...

Open the HP Smart Mobile app

Click the Settings wheel

Select Add / Set Up a Printer

Under category General

Select Tray and Paper

Set the options

Click Advanced for more

Else click Apply to save changes

Example

HP_Smart_Mobile_Main_Menu_2HP_Smart_Mobile_Main_Menu_2HP_Smart_Mobile_Settings_Tray-Paper_1HP_Smart_Mobile_Settings_Tray-Paper_1HP_Smart_Mobile_Settings_Tray-Paper_1AHP_Smart_Mobile_Settings_Tray-Paper_1A

AND / OR

If you can get to a Windows 10 PC and you can open your browser,

use the Embedded Web Server (EWS) to make the Tray and Paper Adjustments.

Tray / Paper settings are essentially the same - the screen is larger and the setup easier to see.

Example

Open your favorite browser > type / enter Printer IP address into URL / Address bar

Tab Settings > Preferences > Tray and Paper Management

Click Apply to save changes

EWS_9025_Preferences_Tray_and_Paper_Management_1EWS_9025_Preferences_Tray_and_Paper_Management_1

References

HP Smart for Windows

HP Smart is an application available from the Windows Store.

Learn how to use HP Smart on your Windows 10 computer.

Open the Software and Drivers Support Website for your printer > Check the Box Get the App

OR

HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Windows 10)

NOTE:  Website includes the HP Smart software for Windows and Mobile devices, plus an FAQ section to assist with questions / issues

iOS Here

Mobile Printing – Options, How-to, Help, and Information

Print from your Android, iOS, or Amazon Fire device with the HP Mobile printing app.

Read this document first - List of printers and supported applications

HP Printers - Mobile Printing Solutions Compatible with HP Printers

Reference and Resources – (More) Places to find help, solve problems, and learn how to use your Printer

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ENVY 5660 e-All-in-One Printer series

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Stay Home - Stay Safe - Save Lives - Help a Friend (or Community member) in need!

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation