Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Photosmart D110
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I just switched to Spectrum and have a all in one router/modem.  The Photosmart D110 will see the network under wireless setup but it always says the password is wrong.  It isn't. Checked many times. I see others have had the issue but saw no fixes. I have changed security on router but nothing worked. Any help?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Jadnightly, Welcome to HP Support Community!

When attempting to connect the printer to your wireless network, an Invalid Passphrase error displays. The error displays after entering the WPA or WPA2 wireless security passphrase for your printer. If the error displays when a correct passphrase is entered, then the printer firmware might not be compatible with the PMF technology and a firmware updated is needed.

Make sure the passphrase was entered correctly

Re-enter the passphrase. The passphrase must be entered exactly as required by your router or gateway, including any spaces, capital and lower case letters, and special characters.

NOTE: 

You can use another Wi-Fi device, such as a phone or tablet, to connect to your router/gateway and make sure that all of passphrase characters are correct. If the passphrase does not work on another Wi-Fi device, then the passphrase is not correct and does not work. For more information on how you can retrieve your wireless passphrase, see Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password (Windows) or consult your Internet Service Provider.

If the “Invalid Passphrase” error continues to occur after entering the correct passphrase, then the problem may be related to the PMF feature. A printer firmware update might resolve the problem.

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Use the guided troubleshooter Troubleshooting | Wireless Printing Center for instruction to isolate and resolve the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did all of this many many times. I found an older Net Gear router and plugged it in and used it with the printer and it worked with no problem. I will just use this as the method to print when needed and bypass the Spectrum Technicolor router. I was able to set it up in under 5 minutes after trying for days with the Spectrum router.

HP Recommended

@Jadnightly

Since one of the router works, it could be an issue with the new router. Kindly contact the ISP for further assistance.

Or, you can also reach out to the HP Support in your region for remote assistance.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.