Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Photosmart plus B209a
Can't connect to the modem. Printed Wireless network test report. Network name (SSID)found fail, not sure what to do at this point. I also printed a HP Network configuration page and it shows my modem in the discovered networks.
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi Robables,

Please note HP printer will work on 2.4Ghz , no Hp printer are designed for 5Ghz network.

Please follow the below steps to connect the printer on network.

From printer Display : Setup - Network Setup- Wireless settings-Wireless setup sirzard- Connect your network. 

Print Configuration page- collect the IP address.

If it's a Windows computer- open printer Assistance - Utilities - Update IP Adress

If you are not able to conenct the printer on network, then try the below steps

Temperoilry connect the printer and comptuer through USB , open printer Assistance menu , go to Utilities- convert USB to Wireless.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hello,

HP has just launched new Envy's with dual band WIFI based on 802.11n.

Here is one.

HP Envy Photo 7855

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/printers/product-detail.html?oid=6617271

Here is a software tool that can automate the troubleshooting of your connectivity.

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c03286146

Wilson

"Although I am a HP employee, I'm speaking for myself and not on behalf of HP"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for using HP Forums,

You might be experiencing this issue, if you have configured the router to only work on 5Ghz network. The HP Photosmart Plus b209a only support 2.4 GHz. In order to resolve the issue, please access your router configuration page and then click on Wireless. Under wireless please enable  2.4 GHz. If 2.4 GHz is already enabled then make sure the wireless mode for 2.4 GHz is set to Mixed or 802.11 B/G/N and the Speed is set to Auto and the Wireless channel is set to 11 and click on Save or Apply. Then restart the printer and try to connect the printer to the network.

If you are still unable to connect the printer to the network still, you can try to connect the printer to the computer via AdHoc or Auto Wireless Connect.

Note: With this method, if your computer is connected to the router via Wi-Fi, then you will be disconnected from your router and will not have access to internet.

To do so, please touch setup on the printer and then go to Network and then restore network defaults. Then turn on Wireless or Wi-Fi. Then go to your computer and click on the wireless icon in the task bar and you will see a network which starts with HPSETUP followed by the name or the model number of the printer, Please select that network and click on connect. This will connect your computer to the printer wirelessly and you should be able to install the printer drivers and print.

However if you don't want to use the above method to connect, then you can connect the printer to the computer via USB cable and then install the drivers and print.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
HP Recommended

I had this issue when I got a new Modem from Comcast. After reading the post above relative to the printer not capable of working through a 5GHz port, I realized that the Network name for the modem was the same for both the 2.4 and 5GHz ports. I renamed the 2.4GHz port and then re-ran the printer setup and chose that specific 2.4GHz SSID (name). It then worked perfectly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.