BBChic
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Printer Offline Again

HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3632
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

We have a Deskjet 3632.  It was working fine earlier today via WiFi Direct - from both my laptop and my husband's smart phone.  Now it has decided to stop working.  The printer folder says the printer is OFFLINE.  Why? The wifi direct light is still on.  I have turned off the printer, disconnected and reconnected both ends of the cord.  Nothing.  I have run the Troubleshooter three times.  It says the problem is the printer is turned off.  THE Printer is NOT turned off.  Worthless TROUBLESHOOTER!  Now my husband's smart phone cannot find any available printers.  We are in a small trailer - no distance involved at all.  My laptop is sitting right next to the printer. There is fresh ink in the printer.  It will print out instruction pages from the information button.  It will not print out a test page from the computer.  It does not recognize any instructions being sent from either the laptop (which has direct Wifi ) or the Smart Phone 11.

1 REPLY 1
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,493 23,451 1,064 1,097
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BBChic

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Firstly, let's shutdown Printer, Computer and Smartphone and then restart all your device to check the connectivity.
  • Also, ensure all the devices are connected to printer named connection.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation