Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
DeskJet2700 82851E
iOS

Printer information page says: the printer might not be connected to HP Instant Ink anymore. The problem is I am run out of ink and the page amount on my phone app still only counts 78/100. The Instant Ink service does not deliver new ink. What should I do and how to get new ink?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@hang123

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that your printer is not connecting to the HP instant ink account, I am glad to assist you to fix the web service connection error on your printer.

Meanwhile, follow these steps to fix the issue.

Turn On Web Services

• Make sure the printer is connected to a wired (Ethernet) or wireless network with an active internet connection.

NOTE: 

If you connect your printer to a computer with a USB cable, web-connected printing services do not work.

• If your printer is connected with a wired (Ethernet) connection, check the cable and the lights on the printer’s Ethernet  port. The green link light should be steady, and the orange activity light should blink when the cable is connected.

• If your printer is connected with a wireless connection, make sure the wireless feature is on and the printer is connected to the same network as your computer.

Some printers have a wireless icon  and a blue light on the front of the printer. If the printer has a blue light, and the light is on and not blinking, your printer is connected.

• Print a Network configuration or Wireless Network Test Results page using button combinations on the printer control panel.

• press the Wireless and Information buttons at the same time, or press the Wireless and Start Copy Black buttons at the same time.

• Find the printer IP address on the printout.

Example of a printer IP address.

• Type the printer IP address into the browser address line, and then press Enter.

NOTE: 

Make sure to type the IP address into the internet browser's address box. If typed into a toolbar search box or search engine, the EWS does not open.

• If a login or certificate window displays, complete the information to finish opening the EWS.

• If a website security certificate displays, click Continue to open the EWS.

• If a login window opens, type admin for the username, and then type the PIN found on the printer UPC sticker located underneath or on the back of the printer, or the password set by the printer administrator.

Example printer UPC sticker with PIN

• On the EWS, click the Web Services tab.

• If the tab is not available, your printer does not support Web Services.

• If a summary page displays, Web Services is already on.

Example of clicking Print Info Page.

• If a setup page displays, follow the prompts to turn on Web Services.

NOTE: 

If you cannot turn on Web Services, make sure the printer firmware is up-to-date. For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.

Example of the Web Services setup webpage

Refer to this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.