Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet all in one 3720
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

https://youtu.be/hlH72lUu0XQ

Printer was bought months ago. Was installed without issues and worked fine for a while, then all of the sudden started having connection problems. The printer wireless blue light was on, so it was connected. Web Services also on an stable. But none of the devices at home were able to print as the printer was offline. Never fixed and months went by until recently. During that time the printer was always but like I said, the printer itself was showing that everything was ok. I think it was because whenever I needed to print something I would send the document via email to the printer (web services?) and its was printed without issues.

Last few days I needed to scan things and I have been trying to fix it with no luck. So whenever the printer was showing offline I started forgetting the printer and then setting the printer into setup mode by pressing the X and WIRELESS buttons at the same time for about 5 secs until. Followed the instructions on my phone or laptop and the printer at some point would show online, was able to scan a few things and then baaam... offline again. Now, today. Nothing works. Printer is always offline! 

I have added a video showing the printer and me trying to add it. For some reason even after the setup on the laptop or phone the printer keeps appearing on the wifi connections, and the only way I can make the printer to appear online is by connecting my devices to that open printer wifi connection. WIFI Direct is OFF so not sure whats going.

I AM SORRY, the video somehow has the wrong angle. I recorded it on landscape and still shows it as vertical. No idea. Also the background noise is my vacuum robot. Sorry. At the beginning of the video I show my printer on setup mode, then the steps I follow.

Thanks, hopefully someone can help as this is driving me crazy.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Have you managed to sort? 

HP Recommended

@ConiglioDE, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

• Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network.
  • This printer supports only 2.4GHz network.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.

Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any network issue related to the printer

Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.

If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

Restart the network devices

1. Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer/ mobile devices.
  2. Wait for 60 seconds.
  3. Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.
  4. Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.
  5. Turn on the computer/ mobile devices.

Now, connect the printer to the wireless network using the instructions mentioned in this document. (Skip if already connected)

Assign a static IP address to the printer.

1. Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
  2. Type the IP address at the top of your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  3. If you get any security notification, click on show details/advanced and 'proceed to this website'.
  4. Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
  5. Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
  6. Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
  7. Click on the radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Note: You may watch this video for a better understanding.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.