Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aubmel
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Printer connected but won't print

HP Recommended

Went to HP Support. Followed all  Scan doctor steps include removing spooling, supposedly new software loaded. would not finish. must print important documents today. Worked well last time. 

3 REPLIES 3
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,349
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Aubmel,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you are having issues while printing from your HP Printer. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you provide me with the exact model of the Printer? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

What is the Operating system installed on the PC?

Do you get any error message on the printer screen or on the computer screen?

Have you recently made any changes on the printer before the issue started?

Are you able to make a copy from the printer?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Please make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

Remove all the ink cartridges and then try to perform a hard reset on the printer.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Now insert the ink cartridges and then try to print a test page and check if it works.

Let’s first try and make a “photocopy” to determine whether the issue is with the printer or not. Place a document on the scanner glass and choose “Copy” option. If the printer is making a good copy, then the printer hardware is fine.

Could you please respond to this post with the details of the product and with the results of the troubleshooting for further assistance. 

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
nicksuttuk
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can offer no help, but need an answer,

Printer has been working fine, but not now, the doctor shows that the printer cannot be found, yet in windows settings the printer shows as connected,

Where to from here Pls,

0 Kudos
Kumar0307
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,518 19,519 1,401 1,630
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@nicksuttuk, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

What model HP Printer are you using?

Refer to this document to know how to find the Product Name or Product Number.

Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network.

For now, restart the network devices

1. Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer/ mobile devices.
  2. Wait for 60 seconds.
  3. Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.
  4. Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.
  5. Turn on the computer/ mobile devices.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation