wjkunert
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Printer connection by wi fi

HP Recommended
Envy 5530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Two days ago I switched from AT&T phone and internet to Spectrum phone and internet.  Immediately I could not get my Envy 5530 to connect to the Spectrum router, an Askey RAC2V1K.  I tried everything I could find on the internet and nothing worked.  Finally I removed the HP drivers and then ran CCleaner in both the normal mode and the registry repair mode.  I then shut off the computer, the printer, the router and the modem.  I connected the printer to my computer by USB and powered everything back up.  I reinstalled the drivers and when it asked if I also wanted to set up wireless I said yes.  After it was done it needed to reboot.  I did so and while rebooting I disconnected the USB.  After rebooting the wi fi printing worked.  I think it was a problem with left overs in the registry so I definitely advise CCleaner(a free download).  All is well now and I understand setting up wireless printing with Spectrum routers and HP printers is a widespread problem.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation