Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP envy 7800

Hello, I am doing a DIY Photobooth for my wedding. Every time I print pictures I always have to change the photo size to 4x6. It always defaults to 5x7. I currently only have my iPhone and the app for the printer. I don’t have a computer at the moment. How do I change the default photo try size to 4x6? I don’t want my guest to have to try and figure out how to change the size of the paper. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Alexalynn, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Check for any software updates available for the iOS device.

Go to Settings > General > Update the software

Update the printer firmware

Go to Setup > Printer maintenance > Update the printer > Check now

Let us try these steps to change the default paper size:

1. On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon ().

The network and IP address information displays.

2. Type the printer's IP address into a web browser address bar.

Figure : Example of an IP address in web browser address bar

Image: Example of an IP address in web browser address bar

The printer's EWS page displays.

3. From the printer's EWS page, click the Settings tab.

Figure : Example of an EWS Settings tab

Image: Example of EWS Settings tab
  4. Under Preferences, click Paper Settings.

5. Under Default Media Size, click the drop-down menu, and then select the desired media size.

NOTE: The default paper size for Apple AirPrint is 4×6 inches. Make sure that the Paper Settings on the printer's EWS page match the paper size settings on the Apple device.

Figure : Example of an EWS Paper Settings menu

Image: Example of an EWS Paper Settings menu
    NOTE: Changing the Default Media Size affects future print jobs. It might be necessary to change the Default Media Size when printing documents that are not the same size as the documents you are printing with Apple AirPrint.

Alternatively, for more info on how to print from your iOS device using AirPrint, refer to this document.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is the only thing I can find.. just “Tray and paper management”. No default preferences for paper. Is this the same thing? 

image.jpg

HP Recommended

@Alexalynn, that's correct. You are on the right page.

Make changes to the settings as required, click on Apply and close the window.

Restart the printer and try printing.

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.