Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 5030
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My printer suddenly stopped working as it said it wasn’t enrolled onto the instant ink but I have paid for this service and received the ink and it states online I have an active account but the printer will no longer print and I need it...please help!!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @Baggieburf

Is the printer connected to the internet all the times?

Try checking the account after sometime see if the issue persists.

“Your Instant Ink account page has data on past deliveries and estimated shipments.  It also helps you understand what state your cartridges are in based on HP’s data.  Any issues will be shown with steps to fix.  Please check your account page to see the latest cartridge information by signing into your account at “instantink.com

HP Instant Ink monitors your ink cartridge levels so replacement ink cartridges can be sent to you when you need them. When your printer is not connected to the Internet for an extended period of time, monitoring is interrupted, and one of the following error messages might display on your computer or printer:

• Connect Printer to Update HP Instant Ink Status

• If the printer is not connected to HP Connected you will be unable to print soon

• Cannot print - Press OK to connect printer to update status

• Press OK to connect printer so replacement cartridge can be ordered

• Press OK to connect printer to update status

These mean that your printer has lost connection with the Internet. When your printer is disconnected, HP Instant Ink cannot update its status and the Instant Ink cartridges will stop working after a period of time. 
The procedure for connecting a printer to the Internet is a little different for each printer. Try these steps:
Turn the printer off, wait 10 seconds, and then turn the printer back on. It may automatically connect to the Internet.  
Press the Info button on your printer’s front panel to print a page with information about re-connecting.
Go to support.hp.com, enter your printer model number, and search for a document for “printer offline” or “connectivity issues” and follow those instructions.
Once your printer is connected to the Internet, go to Instantink.com and click the link to Sign In, which is located at the top right of the page, or under the 3 horizontal lines if you are on a mobile device.  On your account home page, click the circular arrow in the top right corner of the Status section. Your printer should go from red “offline” to green “online” status.

Lastly, if you still have issues after trying out the steps. Please share us few details through a private message. So I can check the account details and help you with the issue.

Instant ink account number-

Printer email address-

Hope this helps!

You have a good day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.