Did you mean: 
versauce
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Printer not being found by devices

HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2548 all in one printing

I'm having an issue where none of my laptops or mobile devices are able to find my printer. This printer has worked before, it just randomly stopped working. I tried to reset said printer as the default printer on my laptop, but it says "no printers nearby". Everything else is fine, the printer says that it is connected to a network. The only way I can print something is if the wireless direct button is turned on. Even then it is a little tedious to have to disconnect from the wifi and them connect to the printer with the password. Has anyone else come across this similar probelm?  

1 REPLY 1
hazel16
Level 3
38 35 1 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It sounds to me like your ip address on the printer and in your router are different or your printer is on another network. Your printer can print the wifi/network info, so first do that to get both the nework name (SSID) and the IP address, If the ssid is not the same as  one your other divices are connected to. If the same, wht is the IP address of the printer as assigned to the printer by the router. Also check to see that your printer is on the either the 2.4 or 5.0 band, the same as your other divoces? 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation