Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: HP ENVY 5530 printer

Printer did not indicate low on ink yet started printing partial lines.. Replaced cartridge. Went thru alignment procedure. Seems the alignment page is not fully printing correctly so therefore when you scan it it say doesn not detect alignment  page. 

I turned it off and ran again. 

I unplugged it and plugged it into wall socket (as opposed to surge protector)

Ran the clean the cartridge mode. 

Still nothing. 

I reset to factory setting and it prints page that tells your printers email address and claim code. 

Will not copy correctly. Partial lines. 

any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Sharonkaren

Welcome to HP support community.

Use an automated tool to clean the printhead

1. On the printer control panel, touch the Settings icon ().

2. Touch Tools, and then touch Clean Printhead. The printer cleans the printhead, and then prints a test page.

3. Check the print quality of the test page.

• If the print quality is good, touch Done.

• If the print quality is not good, touch Clean Again. The printer cleans the cartridges again, and then prints another test page.

Align the printer

1. Load plain white paper in the paper tray.

2. On the printer control panel, touch the Settings icon .

3. Touch Tools, and then touch the Down Arrow  once.

4. Touch Align Printer.

The printer prints a test page, and then prompts you to scan the page.

5. Lift the scanner lid, and then place the page on the glass according to the instructions on the alignment page.

6. Close the scanner lid, and then touch OK.

You cab refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.