Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5030
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I have enrolled my printer with HP Instant Ink.  They sent me new cartridges.  I installed them when the first set of cartridges ran out.  My printer refuses to print with the new cartridges - it tells me it is not enrolled, BUT IT IS!!!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @Mollie1, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand when you install the new ink cartridges the ink cartridges are not getting recognized on your printer.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Have you tried printing using a different ink cartridge?

Excellent description and a great diagnosis done. It is greatly appreciated.

It's sound like an ink cartridge issue check the ink levels on your printer and replace the low, empty or faulty ink cartridges.

Make sure the ink cartridges are correctly installed

The printer might display an error if the ink cartridges are not correctly installed. Remove the ink cartridges, check them for any plastic tape, reinstall the ink cartridges, and then try to print again.

1. Turn on the printer.

2. Load plain paper into the input tray.

3. Gently grasp the handles on either side of the printer, and then raise the ink cartridge access door until it locks into place.

The carriage moves slightly to the left.

Figure : Opening the ink cartridge access door

Opening the ink cartridge access door.
  4. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

5. Lift up the lid on the ink cartridge slot, and then pull up on the ink cartridge to remove it from the slot.

Figure : Removing the ink cartridge

1. Lift the lid

2. Gently push the lid back

3. Pull up on the ink cartridge

CAUTION:

Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles. Touching these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.

Figure : Do not touch the contacts or nozzles

Do not touch the contacts or nozzles
  6. Inspect for and remove any protective tape from the contacts.

CAUTION:

Do not try to remove the copper electrical strip.

Figure : Removing the plastic tape

Removing the plastic tape
  7. With the nozzles toward the printer, insert the ink cartridge into its slot until it snaps into place.

NOTE:

Install the color ink cartridge on the left and the black ink cartridge on the right.

Figure : Inserting the ink cartridge

Inserting the ink cartridge.
  8. Close the lid on the ink cartridge slot to secure the ink cartridge into place.

9. Repeat these steps for the other ink cartridge, if necessary.

10. Close the ink cartridge access door.

Figure : Closing the ink cartridge access door

Closing the ink cartridge access door.

Also, if the issue still persists. Please share us few details through a private message. So I can check the account details and ship you the replacement ink cartridges.

Instant ink account number-

Instant ink email address-

Printer serial number-

Refer this article to further troubleshoot ink cartridge errors on your printer. Click Here

Let me know if this helps!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.