Did you mean: 
gumble613
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

Printer says black ink not installed properly

HP Recommended

Hello I have a hp 6970 I installed a new black cartridge (not original) and it says it not correctly installed even though it is. I have tried the hard reset and it didn't work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,806 25,686 1,418 1,486
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@gumble613

Welcome to HP support community.

Try the steps mentioned in this HP document to fix the issue:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
gumble613
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you. It didn't help. The problem is HP is once again blocking non hp ink. 

0 Kudos
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@gumble613

Refer this HP document for further assistance:- Click here

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

gumble613
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you. Just easier not to buy anymore hp products. It's unfortunate as I'm a customer for 20 years. 

0 Kudos
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@gumble613

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
gumble613
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you very much Sandy. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation