Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3755
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Straight out of the box I plugged the printer in and hooked USB up to computer, downloaded HP Smart on computer and found the printer and attempted a test print. No dice.

The printer itself  approx ten seconds after pressing the power button - the power button, wifi icon button, resume or error icon, and the screen itself are all flashing repeatedly.  The screen displays a large E, the wifi status (which is strong and right next to router), a small (!) and (paper icon) inside the E, a icon with a envelope and ink drop, and the wifi direct icon on the screen (not the button).  ALL of these things have been repeatedly blinking for a couple days as I've not had time to deal with the issue.  Please help, is the printer defective and need returned? The router is a linksys e1200 2.4ghz which is the indicated bandwidth. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Pandres

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the  "Blinking lights" issue. 

Let's try a power reset on the printer-

Reset the product

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  1. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  2. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  3. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  4. Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
  5. Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

I appreciate your response, unfortunately it continues to do the same.  I will be returning this printer and trying something else.  Thank you again. 

HP Recommended

I respect your decision if you'd like you can try the steps in the document .

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

Thank you, I checked it out and there is not a solution there.  I suppose after learning more a proper description is that the control panel display, resume button/light, wireless button/light and power button are all flashing.  

HP Recommended

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.