Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8610

Printer was offline for a few weeks while I kept sending print jobs via email/Web services HP ePrint (someone unplugged it while I was gone)

once i returned I plugged it in - thinking it would now print all the jobs I sent to it - but nothing is printing at all.

will these jobs try printing again? For how long? How can I recover those?

thank you!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Kubadoki 

I don't remember - I think years ago I read that there was a 12-24 hour window for printing.

If there ever was such a thing, it was to likely accommodate the servers being busy - it was not a "job waiting" feature to let the user get his Web Services started.

Perhaps the time frame was for ePrint History - no longer a feature.

Side Bar

"Job History" has been replaced by the ePrint submission response that is sent to the email you use to submit the job.  In that email a link is provided to the job - process status and results are included.

The problem is volume - "you" are printing a few jobs.

The actual number of jobs is in the thousands for any given time period (say a day).

The servers do not save the data for later retrieval.

After it succeeds or fails, the job is gone.

What to do?

It won't save you this time...

For the future,

Try / Consider

Email a copy of the job to an additional email address.  It won't print, of course, but the content (image / document / attachments) will be sent to the additional email to be retrieved later and saved indefinitely or printed. 

To:  DragonFur@hpeprint

cc:  MoreDragons@aol.com

Reminder

Use CC to add your additional / optional email address.

References

Website Support Troubleshooting, How-to, Video Tutorials

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.